*Your PAWS account ensures you receive our updates, can volunteer for events, and process online payments. But look to ParentSquare for updates from Woodburn and the district. RETURNING FAMILIES: please update your account each school year to keep your account active. NEW FAMILIES: click here to create an account
- November 28 - December 12 - Woodburn's Annual Giving Tree
- November 29 - PAWS Coffee Meeting (via Zoom)
- December 6 - Panda Express Dine Around
- December 13 - Holiday Staff Appreciation Event
- December 13 - PAWS Board Meeting (via Zoom)
- December 15 - December Birthday Table
- December 21-Jan 1 - NO SCHOOL
$9,100 awarded in teacher and staff grants
$1,223 - Legacy Grant funded for 2nd grade reading program
$585 - Legacy Grant funded for 3rd grade Bridges math
$295 - Legacy Grants funded for Woodburn music & choir programs
$429 - Legacy Grants funded for LaLooska (3rd) and BizTown (5th) field trips
- $1,019 - Legacy Grant funded for new iCom & Baofeng radios for Woodburn staff
- $2500 - Legacy Grant funded for educational software such as IXL, CBM Math testing, Scholastic News, etc.
$1300 - Student Morale & PAWS Cares (purchased shadow stuffies for all new students, provided clothing for the health room & snacks for the front office, provided community events such as The Reptile Man)
$1,400 - Staff Appreciation events, gift cards and more!
$1,100 Taproot Anti-Bullying Assemblys (virtual - Fall, in person - Spring)
*This is just a snapshot, not an actual total
As we look ahead to next school year we are planning to provide $9,500 in teacher grants plus we are preparing to provide an additional $7,500 in funding to offset budget cuts in Fall 2023.
Want more information?
Review our 2022-2023 Paws Budget and Spring General Membership Meeting minutes from June 8,2023. (click here to view minutes)
Contact Amber Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you want to be more involved in your child's school? We are looking for energetic parents who want to be engaged in the Woodburn community. Maybe that person is you!
Open Board Positions:
- Vice President
- Co-Events Chairperson
We are also looking for parents to help as project leads and volunteers for our PAWS art program. You can learn more about the open lead positions and volunteer opportunites on our website or email Amber Walsh at email@example.com for more information.
Keep Your Account and Background Checks Current
We'd like to remind returning Woodburn families to update your PAWS account when you've received your teacher assignment.
PLEASE KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT CURRENT, SO YOU CONTINUE TO RECEIVE UPDATES, VOLUNTEER INFORMATION, AND PROCESS ONLINE PAYMENTS.
- Please login to the website and update your student's teacher(s) information and make any other changes.
- Once your account is updated, you can update your volunteer interests for this year. We will update this every year, so even if you completed this last year, the form will be blank and you can select your preferences for this year.
- All parents/guardians of Woodburn students are automatically members of PAWS (no dues!)! Click here to create your account.
Also, to volunteer in the classroom with the Integrated Arts Program, at school events, or on field trips, you also need to complete the Camas School District's Volunteer Form, which includes a background check.
To complete the school district's background check, you can set up or update your account in the online volunteer management tool and then walk through the steps to complete your application. More information can be found here. Once completed, the approval lasts for two years and you can login to review the expiration date (though you may not be able to renew until the expiration date).
- Friday, December 8
- Saturday, December 9
- Sunday, December 10
- Monday, December 11
- Tuesday, December 12
- Wednesday, December 13
Keep Your PAWS Account Current
To receive PAWS communications, submit volunteer sign-ups, pay for PAWS items such as yearbooks, etc., you’ll need to have an active account at woodburnpaws.org. While you’re creating or updating your account, please complete the PAWS Volunteer Opportunities form so we can connect you with events in which you’re interested. Accounts must be updated annually and you will be prompted to update information when you log in each new school year.
Fred Meyer Community Rewards
Enter Woodburn’s enrollment number: 88659